This basilica is at Via Torino, a few meters from Piazza del Duomo. A new building was started in 1476. In 1478 Donato Bramante was supervising the works leaving the sign of his genius using the available space in a wonderful way, above all creating the illusion of a depth with a prospective game of arcades and coffered ceilings with a false apse. The façade, started by Amadeo on a project by Bramante, was rebuilt in Renaissance style in the past century. The church tower (X-XII cent.) can be considered the prototype of the Lombard-Romanesque models.
Address: Via Speronari 3 – Milano