In 1138 on this site there was the Broletto Vecchio, the ancient Town Hall. The building became then residence of Torrioni family, Visconti family, and was adapted at the times of Sforza family. The Spanish governor lived there and also the archduke Ferdinando from Austria, who charged Giuseppe Piermarini, the architect of the Scala, with the renovation of part of the building. Today it houses museums and temporary exhibitions.
Address: Piazza del Duomo – Milano