With the Madonna of the Duomo cathedral and the Visconti “biscione” , the Castle is another symbol of Milan. It rises on the square with the same name. Its first core was born between 1358-1368, at the times of Galeazzo II Visconti. The front side of the Castle is dominated by the tower called “del Filarete”. The usual residence of the lords of the castle was the so called Corte Ducale, a succession of halls with rich frescos and decors. The Castle today houses shows, libraries, archives and a wide range of different exhibitions.
Address: Piazza Castello – Milano