Sixteen centuries of history are mirrored in the basilica di S. Ambrogio (in the square with the same name), queen and mother of all Lombard churches. The Basilica, which has been started in 379 A.D., was dedicated in 387 by Sant’Ambrogio, who was buried there in 397. The interior gathers monuments, antiques, relics, art works of 1600 years of history. The portico della Canonica, a project by Bramante, the oratory of San Sigismondo and the rich Treasure of the basilica are particularly precious.
Address: Piazza Sant’Ambrogio 15 – Milano